Rescue and crissy wind

From: JefWNDHNTR@aol.com-DeleteThis
Date: Wed Jun 08 1994 - 10:18:18 PDT

From: JefWNDHNTR@aol.com-DeleteThis
Sender: "JefWNDHNTR" <JefWNDHNTR@aol.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 94 13:18:18 EDT
Subject: Rescue and crissy wind

To all of you who want me to provide a wind update of crissy (since I can see
it from my office) will try to transmit one around 12:15 if my duties
allow...You can always subscribe to windsight: I do a 13 noon update for
them: I wlaways try to talk about what the fog is doing too.

a comment on the rescue; Why cud he not self-rescue? Could not he have
derigged every thing tied it to the board and paddled in? I an on a
committee that meets wth the coast guard regarding problems at crissy and
they are getting increasingly upset of having to "continuously rescue those
windsurfers." They are talking of trying require the purchase of a permits
to allow you to launch off crissy. Broken equipment is going to happen fromm
time to time. If we dont prepare for the unexpected, we may find the coast
guard shutting down our access! Unless there is a phsical injury, teamwork
and selfwork should be practiced.-- jeff bunch