Storage Solutions

From: Edward W. Scott (shred@netcom.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri Nov 11 1994 - 10:47:55 PST

Date: Fri, 11 Nov 1994 10:47:55 -0800 (PST)
From: "Edward W. Scott" <shred@netcom.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Storage Solutions

OK, so I just bought a house, and I'm trying to figure a way to store
all my stuff in the garage. It's your basic 2 car deal, with about 2
feet of clearance on each side from the exterior walls to the entry
door.

The current plan is to get those closet shelf hangers (the ones with a
closet pole hanger on the bottom and a support for a shelf on top) and use
those to support 2x4's for the bottom board. Then, I can hang my wetsuit
to dry on the closet pole without having to leave it outside or bring it
in the house. The clearance also leaves room for my quiver and booms and
other assorted crap. For the other 2 boards, I'm planning on simply
nailing 2x4's or 2x2's perpendicular to the studs. So far, I tried the
flimsy shelf brackets from Home Depot for these, and they didn't work at
all.

Any suggestions?

-shrEd
Ed Scott