Re: Storage Solutions

From: Kirk Lindstrom (kirk@hpmsd3.sj.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri Nov 11 1994 - 11:18:49 PST

Date: Fri, 11 Nov 1994 11:18:49 -0800
From: Kirk Lindstrom <kirk@hpmsd3.sj.hp.com-DeleteThis>
To: shred@netcom.com-DeleteThis, wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Storage Solutions

> nailing 2x4's or 2x2's perpendicular to the studs. So far, I tried the
> flimsy shelf brackets from Home Depot for these, and they didn't work at
> all.
>
> Any suggestions?
> -shrEd
> Ed Scott

Use 3/4" galvanized pipe, cut and threaded for free if you buy a 10'
length of it at Home Depot. Then use elbows and tees to make a
bracket that you attach to the wall with pipe holders (sort of U
shaped). I did a 4 boarder, but don't have room for it anymore at
my new house so I'll let ya have it for the right price.....I was
considering putting it on my fence for outside storage, it is that
strong. (my whole garage is shelved so I don't have a space to put it).
Anyway, it is maybe $40 worth of parts to do and works really well.
You can hang from it if you attach it to studs.

Kirk out
PS cover the pipe with pipe insulation or car rack covers.