RE: Mitigation, Seal Point, etc.

From: Lev Belov (levb@pointcast.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon Feb 01 1999 - 14:24:28 PST

From: Lev Belov <levb@pointcast.com-DeleteThis>
To: "'wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis'" <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: RE: Mitigation, Seal Point, etc.
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 14:24:28 -0800

Launching from the swimming area is actually not a very good option. The
wind near the rock lifts up from the water and is pretty weak all the way
until you pass the big rock.

Launching from the Marina is in fact a better option - it is way windier out
there. However, it won't be as safe for the intermediates, like myself, as
the old launch is - it'll be fairly easy to miss the jetty on a flood day
when the wind dies.

- Lev