New old 3rd site rules

From: Michael Schuh (schuh@apm-iris1.arc.nasa.gov-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon Jul 13 1998 - 23:49:26 PDT

Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 23:49:26 -0700 (PDT)
From: schuh@apm-iris1.arc.nasa.gov-DeleteThis (Michael Schuh)
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: New old 3rd site rules

Can someone please fill me in on why the rules have changed at the old
3rd site. It used to be that you could park in the parking lot across
the street a few years back. Well last year it was obvious that the
lot was full with people working at the building there so I understood
why they stopped letting us park there. Now this year we have a new
tenant in the building. This new tenant is having his Pinkerton
Security Team chase windsurfers off of the grass by the street. The
Pinkerton employee claims that the grass belongs to the owner of the
building. I don't agree with this, but have nothing to back up my
belief with. Does any one know why they are chasing us off the grass
and if it is really their right to do so? The Pinkerton employee also
said that it was illegal to park on the street side of the "no
vehicles or dumping" signs. I am not exactly sure what the words on
the sign are, but as I read them, we are not supposed to have our
vehicles on the bay side of the signs. Anyone know what the rules here
are? I understand that the "m" in the ordinance number on the sign stands
for misdemeanor and you can be arrested and taken to jail on the spot
for violating the posted code.

Thanks,
  Michael