web wind movies

From: Michael Schuh (schuh@apm-iris1.arc.nasa.gov-DeleteThis)
Date: Tue Mar 04 1997 - 12:12:30 PST

Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 12:12:30 -0800 (PST)
From: schuh@apm-iris1.arc.nasa.gov-DeleteThis (Michael Schuh)
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: web wind movies

I love all of the new technologies and data that is showing
up. This is one is even in color.

Cutting to the point:

] The NSCAT project also is making the wind images
] available to the public via the Internet at the
] following address:
]
] http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/winds
]
] "Each day, we provide a 'daily wind movie' of the
] Pacific Ocean that allows people to see the last 26
] hours of NSCAT wind data. Anyone who has an interest
] in what the winds are doing -- weather forecasters,
] scientists, boaters, surfers, fishermen -- can log on
                      ^ windsurfers,
] and get an up-to-date picture from NSCAT," Graf said.
] Data of the Atlantic Ocean and other oceans will be
] on-line in a few weeks.

Here is the entire announcement:

Schuh