Re: 3rd ave good for the late shift

From: kogelnik@gomer.esd.sgi.com-DeleteThis
Date: Thu Aug 03 1995 - 11:39:56 PDT

From: kogelnik@gomer.esd.sgi.com-DeleteThis
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: 3rd ave good for the late shift
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 95 11:39:56 PDT

I'll second the late shift. I couldn't get out of work soon enough, and then
the silly traffic on 101...

Tues and last Friday I sailed at 3rd from 6 to 8pm. (5.9/9'5/200lb) I could
have used a smaller board. Over-powered to nicely powered both times. Wind
filled in all the way to the launch around 7 and shifted more to the north,
giving starboard ramps. As usual, better wind in the channel and on the
other side, with the wind direction becoming more westerly further out. I
made it to about a mile from the other side (maybe this weekend I'll set
foot there). Planed till the end and could have definitely sailed
longer. Great sunsets from the water and Friday it was eerie as the fog
flowed over the hills and the lights from the 'stick were enveloped.

Also, the Coasties showed up both Friday and Saturday with a chopper. I
heard someone was plucked from the water on Saturday off of Coyote around
7. Anyone know for sure?

Chris