3rd ave good for the late shift

From: Schumacher, Rich (RSchumache@OS.Varian.COM-DeleteThis)
Date: Thu Aug 03 1995 - 10:16:00 PDT

From: "Schumacher, Rich" <RSchumache@OS.Varian.COM-DeleteThis>
To: 'wind_talk' <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: 3rd ave good for the late shift
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 95 10:16:00 PDT

I hadn't been sailing since last Saturday's excellent session at Waddell, so
I was primed to leave work early yesterday afternoon. Just before I slipped
out the door, my boss showed up at my desk ... oh well, guess I'll stay a
while. Got out to 3rd about 6 pm, since the tide was up and the wind looked
good, I headed to the old launch to avoid parking hassles. Took a chance and
rigged on the small side (5.0/8'6"/170 lb) because the wind felt solid and
the tide was turning. Good swell on the inside, flatter out in the channel,
no problems getting upwind. Later, when the ebb started to kick in, some
really sweet swells with big smooth faces started rolling through the
channel. What a way to end the day !

I heard that some emergency vehicles ( fire engines, ambulances, etc.) were
there for a while, does anyone know what happened ?

Rich Schumacher