Re: is the coast windier?

From: LafingGuy@aol.com-DeleteThis
Date: Thu Jul 06 1995 - 10:56:57 PDT

Date: Thu, 6 Jul 1995 13:56:57 -0400
From: LafingGuy@aol.com-DeleteThis
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: is the coast windier?

Andy,
Did Haut make the board for waves? If so it may have a lot more rocker than U
are used to. More rocker means better turning, slower, harder to get on a
plane, and better turning. Recent wave boards seem to be designed to slow
down so they don't out run the waves. You may want to try a production
Convertible board as an intermediate step. I like the Tiga 257(I actually own
one), the Bic Saxo 265, and the F2 258 (not the wave 255, too much rocker,
slow, etc.) These convertibles should work fine at Coyote with a pointer fin
& with a wave fin will also get you started at Waddell. Have Fun!!
:D