is the coast windier?

From: Andrew Davidson (andy@excelsior-71.Eng.Sun.COM-DeleteThis)
Date: Wed Jul 05 1995 - 16:33:41 PDT

Date: Wed, 5 Jul 1995 16:33:41 -0700
From: andy@excelsior-71.Eng.Sun.COM-DeleteThis (Andrew Davidson)
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: is the coast windier?

Last year I had Haut shape a board for me. At the time I told him I
mostly sail at coyote point, but really wanted to sail at waddel
more. We agreed the board would be a "high wind" board, and that given
my size 190#, an 8'8" would be fine. My question is, I never seem to
be able to use this board. This year I have taken the board out three
times at coyote and slogged two of those times. So my question is "is
the coast winder then the bay in general"?

For some reason I got the impression that the biggest sail this board
could carry was a 5.3? Does anyone know how board size and sail size
related? I have a 6.2 race sail, I wonder if it would
work?

Finally, is the problem my fin? I have a 12" wave fin on it now?

thanks in advance

Andy