sailing the dumbarton?

From: Jeff Hodges (hodges@Breakaway.Stanford.EDU-DeleteThis)
Date: Thu Jul 06 1995 - 10:05:18 PDT

Subject: sailing the dumbarton?
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 95 10:05:18 -0700
From: Jeff Hodges <hodges@Breakaway.Stanford.EDU-DeleteThis>

I saw at least four folks out sailing at the dumbarton yesterday evening at
about 630p. Looked like good conditions. Are any of them on this list and care
to report if so?

The dumbarton is an often overlooked site, but will often have wind when the
fog is sitting on the hills btwn PA and coyote (and is shutting down the
latter). This was the case last week.

Jeff

ps: i noticed during the extremely low morning tides last week (there was water
only in the channel itself) that there is some sort of debris on the western
mudflats, about halfway between the western edge of the channel and the western
shore, and maybe 2 hundred yds from the launch point at a 60deg angle from the
bridge. I've never noticed it before and wonder if it is newly arrived. Anyway,
it might be a problem when sailing in lowish conditions, but probably not when
near high tide. It's the only noticable debris I've seen out there btw.