wed sailing report

From: Jeff Hodges (hodges@Breakaway.Stanford.EDU-DeleteThis)
Date: Thu Nov 17 1994 - 11:53:34 PST

Subject: wed sailing report
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis, windsurf@jumpjibe.stanford.edu-DeleteThis, tomb@peer.com-DeleteThis, JRG3%GOP%GS@cts27.cs.pge.com-DeleteThis
Cc: chase@goliath.stanford.edu-DeleteThis, bl.liz@rlg.stanford.edu-DeleteThis
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 94 11:53:34 -0800
From: Jeff Hodges <hodges@Breakaway.Stanford.EDU-DeleteThis>

I got to 3d at 100p and there was Bjorn, Greg, and Allan and a couple of others
standing around. Wind was kinda down, but we could see it building from the
north and starting to come up. Woulda been a dicey slog out to it. So I went to
coyote. It was very steeply on-shore and there was one guy my size (150#)
sailing overpowered on a 5.3. I rigged a 4.7 and was powered up right from
shore. It was COLD. very glad I had stopped on way up and bought surf hood &
gloves. There were some nice rollers & ramps. Wind was strong except for a hole
just off the swiming area. Very clear & gorgeous views. I stayed in fairly
close, as was most everyone. A few others had showed up (Allan, Peter, some
other regulars) and there were probably six or so on the water. I was
(over)powered for about an hour when it started easing up (at about 300p). Came
in at 315 with a big smile & numb toes, and headed off for a cup of coffee!

Jeff