Re: Re: Re: Dynafiber booms

From: Kirk Lindstrom (kirk@hpmsd3.sj.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Thu Nov 17 1994 - 11:51:41 PST

Date: Thu, 17 Nov 1994 11:51:41 -0800
From: Kirk Lindstrom <kirk@hpmsd3.sj.hp.com-DeleteThis>
To: James.Paugh@eng.sun.com-DeleteThis, wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Dynafiber booms

> I switched from Fiberspar to Dynafiber masts and Gulftech booms, and my
> equipment failures *ended*. My next boom will be a either a Dynafiber
> or another Gulftech.

Good points, but what are the records for these products?

Also, how do you adjust the clew on your Gulftech boom? I find I need
to add an inch of outhaul to my sailworks after sailing a bit if the
wind comes up to really extend the upper end and It took 3 or 4 of us in
the Gorge to adjust the clew of one of their team riders on a Roberts
board and Sailworks sails with GulfTech boom. I have a hard time
finding that many friends to help me when the wind is cranking....8-)

Also, I've talked to people that have broken those as well......

I sail Sailworks masts, but used to use Fiberspar and they've done well
by me. Then again, I NEVER store my masts in the sun and make sure I'm
careful to not nick them......

Kirk