Re: 3rd ave access, safety, etc.

From: LafingGuy@aol.com-DeleteThis
Date: Wed Sep 21 1994 - 21:27:29 PDT

From: LafingGuy@aol.com-DeleteThis
Sender: "LafingGuy" <LafingGuy@aol.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 94 00:27:29 EDT
Subject: Re: 3rd ave access, safety, etc.

Ok, hopefully this time I'll get it right!!
I'm not sure how or if this got distributed so I'll try again, if it's
redundant, my apologies.

A few weeks (i'm not sure of the exact date) back somebody posted the SFBA
e-mail address. For those of you who missed it here it is again.
                       SFBACRISSY@aol.com-DeleteThis

Late Breaking News as of Monday
I just spoke with a very pleasant gentleman at Vela, Keith Koenig, he is
assembling a database of everyone who sails at 3rd. Please fax him at (415)
525-2086. Give him your name, address, phone numbers, fax numbers, e-mail
(even though he's not online yet) send it re:3rd ave, SFBA and Attn: Keith.
Please don't send just E-mail address, he is NOT on the net and cannot
contact you.

Also Keith told me he went to the FC city council meeting, the whole 23 acre
sight has been given the nod for a golf development company. Before you
panick, Keith did speak on behalf of us and so far the developers are open to
maintaining our launch site & even improving it. The developer, I think they
are called V.B. Golf, now has to do a more detailed proposal for FC. Keith is
going to be meeting with V.B. after they get their drawings done. V. B.
sounds like they may be aware of how negative PR can hurt them. SFBA & Vela
are hoping to schedule another meeting at 3rd before the end of September,
let's see if we can all be there for this one. I'm not pointing fingers, I
was in the Delta for the last one.

Also Rick Novarro of FC has assured me that approval has been given to
improve the ramps, specifically pouring concrete pads at the bases of the
ramps going out into to the mud. He indicated that the work would start
within a month as the maintenance workers schedule permitted. Rick also told
me today (9/19/94) that the city is considering pay parking at the launch,
but, nothing will happen untill the golfers get sq.d away.

Hopefully this is good news for everyone. By the way if anyone else lives
&/or owns property in FC, you have a loud voice with the city, louder than
non-residents, use it.

I've seen an inflatable PFD at either Helm or West Marine. I think it was in
a fanny-pack like pouch & used a CO2 cartridge. Does anyone else think smoke
flares may provide a lot better visibility in the water during daylight?
See YA!
Bill B)