Re: 3rd ave

From: Ken Poulton (poulton@zonker.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Wed Sep 14 1994 - 16:13:24 PDT

Date: Wed, 14 Sep 1994 16:13:24 -0700
From: Ken Poulton <poulton@zonker.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: 3rd ave

> What I'd like to know is what it would take to move those chain link fences
> out, to allow more parking in the dirt. I know about how the fire department
> wants that reinforced surface in the center - fine - but if there were room
> to park *off* the reinforcement, in the dirt, we could easily fit double the
> cars we're fitting now, even *with* the "illegal" parking. I know I'd be
> willing to put in some manual labor to help move the fence - especially in
> the off season!

I agree. Seems like for a few hundred dollars (and our labor) we could
double the parking area. The key is permission from FC - they will
likely claim it has to be done for thousands by a contractor.

> What scares me most is FC's intention to eventually develop the dump. They'll
> probably try to use that as an excuse to take away the access that's already
> there...

My understanding is that any new development will be required to maintain
Bay access (like at Crown Sterling). We will just have to make sure we
get BCDC to force FC to follow the law then.

"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers."
                                        -- Henry VI, Part 2
No offense, shrED! :-)