Should I buy an old board?

From: Bryan \ (bo3b@rahul.net-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri Aug 26 1994 - 00:36:28 PDT

Date: Fri, 26 Aug 1994 00:36:28 -0700
From: "Bryan \"Bo3b\" Johnson" <bo3b@rahul.net-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Should I buy an old board?

I'm looking for some board opinions, on a first time short board.

The first question is if you believe the 'classic boards' article in
WindSurfing or not? Using that as a guide, I'm curious about the
Screamer or the Electric Rock. For $500, it looks like I can get
last years models of either a used Screamer, or a brand new
e-rock. Anybody have opinions on which is a better purchase?

Are they both old designs and not worthwhile?

My real goal is to find some beat up board for about $250
that I can use to up my skills to where I can have a solid
opinion. If anybody has a used Screamer for $250, I'd do that.
Since the designs are 5 years old anyway, I don't care if the
board is a couple of years old.

Does this seem reasonable, or am I lacking short board
knowledge?

I weigh 155, and will use the board in the bay at coyote, and
probably some flat water sailing too, until I get those darn jibes.
I'm intermediate, and can waterstart no problem.

Thanks for comments and experience,
  bo3b johnson
  (bo3b@rahul.net-DeleteThis)