Board Suggestions

From: ShreddinEd@aol.com-DeleteThis
Date: Wed Jun 22 1994 - 16:23:33 PDT

From: ShreddinEd@aol.com-DeleteThis
Sender: "ShreddinEd" <ShreddinEd@aol.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 94 19:23:33 EDT
Subject: Board Suggestions

I'm soliciting suggestions on purchasing my third board. I currently own 2
Seatrends, both ESII's, one a 9'0" course slalom, and the other a 8'8"
high-wind slalom (both standard shapes). I've sailed a coupla no-nose
shapes, but wasn't used to the way they handle (very twitchy). I'm looking
for something I can use on those really nuclear days around here, a
bump-and-jump shape, probably either an 8'4" or 8'6" in the 75-85 liter range
(sail sizes 3.4-5.0). Usually, as occurred last week, I can't demo anything
in these conditions because the shops are afraid they won't get their
equipment back in decent shape.

Please give me your thoughts on: 1) shapes; 2) construction (epoxy v.
polyester/glass); 3) manufacturers; 4) durability; and 5) cost (e.g. is the
extra cost of epoxy worth the savings in weight/etc. for this type of
high-wind board). I'd like to give a local outfit my business (e.g. ASD,
C-FX, Mike's Labs), but don't know if custom or production is the way to go.

Btw- I'm currently an intermediate/advanced slalom sailor, approx. 180-185
lbs. (depending on my beer consumption), planing jibing, and just starting to
jump. Aspiring to wave-sail some day. Sail mostly the Peninsula, anywhere
from Candlestick to 3rd, Sherman, and sometimes, Crissy.

Thanks for your input.

-shrEd
Ed Scott
ShreddinEd@aol.com-DeleteThis