Re: Kiter at Sherman

From: Erik Eiseman (eeiseman@worldnet.att.net-DeleteThis.com)
Date: Wed Aug 08 2001 - 12:19:37 PDT

From: "Erik Eiseman" <eeiseman@worldnet.att.net-DeleteThis.com>
To: <wind_talk@opus.labs.agilent.com-DeleteThis.com>
Subject: Re: Kiter at Sherman
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 12:19:37 -0700

I have to say my experience is with you Jeff.

This isn't comparable to mt bikers and snowboarders. Kiteboarding is
attractive- something about that kite saying look at me. IT takes up a LOT
OF SPACE. Am I wrong with this?

Of course all of us can do nothing about it. That was my original point.
You kiters out there help to educate the new ones. There are injuries
windsurfing and will continue to be but a 40 foot flight to an unconscious
fall on the pavement in front of a car is a liability issue to us all.

Did I mention that the guy fell so fast the car behind me didn't see him.
He had to be stopped before he ran over the guy.

As for the choice kiteboarding or windsurfing.
Seeing Kai catch the sweetist air with back to back loops on sunday, seeing
then feeling a rail fully commited to a bottom turn, and a lip smack to
follow doesn't compare to the kiter at waddell that is jumping over everyone
waving a shaka, then skipping in front of a wave under power of the kite.
Nice pants though. I'm sure I'll try it someday but how about all kiters
can have the great lakes sailboarders get the coast.

Have fun on the water. And just be carefull with those things- kites and
sailboards.