Re: Breakdown report at 3rd yesterday

From: Jarrett (jumpjibe@earthlink.net-DeleteThis.com)
Date: Wed May 23 2001 - 18:48:31 PDT

Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 18:48:31 -0700
From: Jarrett <jumpjibe@earthlink.net-DeleteThis.com>
To: wind_talk@opus.labs.agilent.com-DeleteThis.com
Subject: Re: Breakdown report at 3rd yesterday

The hourglass is softer and thus more shock absorbing for jumping. Advocates
say that, as a result, they are much easier on mast tracks. I personally don't
worry about it, having not seen many mast track probs. The tendon is stiffer,
and some think that translates into better transfer of power and response.
IMO, the difference is negligible. So it comes down to stregnth. I've broken
a few hourglass joints, but no tendons (I recently started using tendons
though). I do replace mine every season. I've wondered what the hydroshock is
like... Lev - How about that beer?
Jarrett