Re: reports?

From: Greg Harris (harris@shine2000.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 11:27:38 PST

Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 11:27:38 -0800
From: Greg Harris <harris@shine2000.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: reports?

Sailed at 3rd as well on Sunday. Mike Godsey's forecast gave rise to much
anticipation for Sunday and I planned to watch the pager closely. Woke up and
saw the lagoon capping strong--so much for needing the pager to tell me it's
windy. Went out about 10:45 am on a 4.5 8'6 (180lbs). Kind of up and down to
start with but the channel was strong and most of the time it was just perfect
power. Just before 2:00 I was too tired and hungry to sail so I made a dash
for Carls in my full wetsuit. By the time I came back I could tell it had
picked up significantly and it began to remind me of what Coyote looked like on
Thursday as it really started to build. Switched down to my 3.7 and was back
on the water before 3:00 right before the ebb was strongest. Sailed for a
while in the channel where there was a significant lack of many other sailors
because it was so crazy and I assume most people were probably too powered.
Again, perfectly powered and a lot of fun hitting ramps and surfing the
swells. Plenty of big crashes to go along with it all. I came in briefly to
locate Martin and George (who claims he sailed even though on the water
sightings were extremely rare) but then the wind began to back off and I
decided to call it quits.

btw - about the handicapped spaces. Supposedly, the information I've gotten
from parks and rec is that the second set was supposed to be put down in the
bottom area of the lot where we have no spaces anyway, so we weren't supposed
to lose spaces with the second set. I have a feeling it will probably take a
while for them to change that, but there is hope that they'll move them. If I
find there's no progress maybe I'll organize some form of complaining like
getting some signatures or something, since I'm betting we could gather a lot
of complaints real quick. I should also have news on the Cal Trans land (the
old dirt road) soon as well... although it may not be good. I've talked to a
contact in land sales at Cal Trans who says that that parcel may already be
slated for wetlands mitigation and if so Cal Trans may not give it up. She's
checking to make sure we're talking about the same place and hopefully I'll
know soon.

Hmmm... didn't mean to put a downer on the end of my sailing story.

Greg