Re: Seal Point Meeting and Sierra Club Nonsense

From: Dave Hoagland (bayrider@ix.netcom.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri Oct 08 1999 - 15:42:08 PDT

Date: Fri, 08 Oct 1999 15:42:08 -0700
From: Dave Hoagland <bayrider@ix.netcom.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Seal Point Meeting and Sierra Club Nonsense

Exactly my take, there is a always a middle ground and the Sierra Club
has consistently ignored it. They are the ones that purport to hold the
moral high ground. They are always willing to ignore legitimate and
reasonable local concerns in their self-righteous stances.

I don't know about you but I don't recall trampling any sensitive dune
areas. In my opinion it's quite a stretch to characterize windsurfing as
environmentally damaging, especially compared to resort skiing, golfing,
ballgames, any kind of motorized sport, even mountain biking. Like I
said, there's no shortage of cars in their parking lot.

--
'Watchin' the ships roll in, then I watch 'em roll away again'
Dave Hoagland               /H\   /H\