Re: LASIK Surgery?

From: Eyes4Hire@aol.com-DeleteThis
Date: Mon Oct 04 1999 - 07:25:22 PDT

From: Eyes4Hire@aol.com-DeleteThis
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 10:25:22 EDT
Subject: Re: LASIK Surgery?
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis

In a message dated 10/4/99 1:22:13 AM Pacific Daylight Time, edscott@best.com-DeleteThis
writes:

> I can be corrected if I'm wrong, but you also *have* to wear sunglasses
> after the procedure (e.g. when surfsailing). If this is a problem, then
> maybe LASIK isn't for you. My eye doctor told me that the wavelength of
> UV, being very short, is filtered our by contacts themselves.

You also have to avoid windsurfing for about a month after surgery ( as well
as a few days to a week before the surgery and the consultation) to avoid
risking any infection to the cornea where the incision is made. An infection
will greatly increase the risk of complication. For this reason, I'm looking
at doing the surgery around Thanksgiving since the winter sailing really
seems to get good in January and February.

Peter