Re: Tubamancha

From: Tom and Mary Gandesbery (tmgan@earthlink.net-DeleteThis)
Date: Thu Aug 26 1999 - 15:03:58 PDT

Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 15:03:58 -0700
From: Tom and Mary Gandesbery <tmgan@earthlink.net-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Tubamancha

I've had the same questions about Tuba; thanx for your insights. Seems like
this "secret" spot has gotten alot of attention lately with even a big color
photo in one of the mags recently. I noticed another option of a down wind run
using two cars from Tomales Bay. I think the description was on Godsey's new
links "sites" or the like. Still the rules about buddies, gear, etc would still
apply. Actually going down wind in OP conditions is tougher than upwind so
maybe that's not the best option. Anybody tried the two car approach? I got
bit by the wave bug sailing in the small stuff at Maui-Kanaha a few years ago.
So I really want to get out into something realitively forgiving. Wadell on a
small wave day??

What about hiring a boat to take people to this site? Seen this done in Hawaii
in the magazines. Could be kinda like the dive boat business. Hire something
in the 30-foot range out of Tomales or Bodega. Rigging on deck would be a pain
but the beer would be there for you on the ride home. ...?

-Tom