Re: Playing at Coyote

From: Booker Bense (bbense@networking.stanford.edu-DeleteThis)
Date: Thu Jul 01 1999 - 09:04:59 PDT

Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 09:04:59 -0700 (PDT)
From: Booker Bense <bbense@networking.stanford.edu-DeleteThis>
To: Multiple recipients of list <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Re: Playing at Coyote

On Thu, 1 Jul 1999, Bob Galvan wrote:

> I think the Techno is great for learning, from beginners stuff to advanced
> freestyle moves, but out in the powered up zone, it felt like a heavy
> truck to me. Of Course I'm spoiled by years of 15 lb epoxy boards. I'd
> rent a Techno now and then, but I wouldn't want to own one, just not my
> style.

- What kind of fin did you have on it and where were the straps? The
board is never going to slash like an 8'6" , but it can be loosened up
alot by using a different fin and moving the straps forward.

- If you put something like a curtis cr7 40cm on it, it's alot more
fun to sail and still goes upwind without much effort. A 6.2m is
a really small sail for the Techno, it doesn't really shine until
you're using 7m+ sails. Something that just isn't much fun on an 8'6".

- Booker C. Bense