RE: Boards

From: Stephen Hiley (SHiley@WSGC.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Tue Mar 30 1999 - 16:47:12 PST

From: Stephen Hiley <SHiley@WSGC.com-DeleteThis>
To: "'wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis'" <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: RE: Boards
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 16:47:12 -0800

I bought the Screamer 278 last year (103 ltrs) and have been really happy
with it (@190lb). I tested the Ride 277 also before buying, but found it to
be too squirley (when its up) and requiring more effort to plane in general.
The Screamer planed up easily without pumping and tracked controllably when
needed -- just fun to ride. Last I was there, CityFront had some leftovers
of these at somewhat reduced prices for sale. You might try there if you
don't find what you are looking for at the swap meets.

To continue this board banter...
I am actually looking for the opposite: a smaller board for bump&jump/small
wave sailing to compliment what I have now (like Bob Prevett). If anyone
has any strong suggestions for a board that might fit my needs, or is
looking to sell, let me know. I am thinking about something in the 80-90
ltr range, length 8'6"-8'9". I WILL check out the customs too. ;-)

Thanks!