RE: Crissy report 9/23

From: Justin Gordon (justin@bayarea.net-DeleteThis)
Date: Thu Sep 24 1998 - 18:42:41 PDT

From: "Justin Gordon" <justin@bayarea.net-DeleteThis>
To: <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: RE: Crissy report 9/23
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 18:42:41 -0700

In terms of min wind for my gear and weight (~200#), that is really hard to
say.

So long as it looks like there is a steady breeze and I can see some
sailboats keeled over, there is enough wind to plane. There doesn't have to
be any chop on the water.

However the tides do make a big difference in apparent wind. So 12 knots
with an ebb is probably good enough and with a flood tide, it isn't.

Bye.

Justin

P.S. All this great '98 gear is for sale!