Re: Sherman/Sign

From: Kirk Lindstrom (kirk@hpmsd3.sj.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon Jul 13 1998 - 15:06:37 PDT

Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 15:06:37 -0700
From: Kirk Lindstrom <kirk@hpmsd3.sj.hp.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Sherman/Sign

D._Valentine@3com.com-DeleteThis wrote:

> Sorry but that does come off a bit patronizing and snobbish - sending
> everyone who can't jibe to Tigers or Candlestick. Its like saying anyone
> who can't loop shouldn't sail Maui.

Agreed. I was wondering if I should sail third when I am on my easy
boards to sail, but when I put my 230# lbs onto my 80L RKT where there
is no margin for error on jibes (thus I mostly get wet) then Ed was
suggesting I should sail the Stick.....?

I always felt that one should not sail at Third (new launch) if your
board floats you since the parking is so limited there and it is
possible to slog out a floater from the old launch or from Coyote just
as easily as it is to float a floater to the channel from the new
launch.... But I knew I'd get my head chewed off for snobbery so I swim
n slog my sinkers out from Coyote unless it is really blowing and ebbing
good at Third then I deal with the mobs at the ramp to enjoy sailing
much smaller gear.

Also, at certain tides, Third is great for learning waterstarts due to
the depth so the sinker rule would truely be snobbish...

Kirk (the only rule is "there are no stinking rules") out