RE: Epic Sherman sailing

From: Martyn, Rick (RZM1@pge.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon Jul 13 1998 - 07:57:48 PDT

From: "Martyn, Rick" <RZM1@pge.com-DeleteThis>
To: "'wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis'" <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: RE: Epic Sherman sailing
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 07:57:48 -0700

I sailed the same times (Fri. and Sat. 6 to 9)as Zeev, but from Powerlines.
I know that race sails have a big range, but these two days pointed out
just how wide the range can be (with a bit of tuning). I (165 lbs.) sailed
my 6.0 Prisma for both sessions.

On Friday I had to give the 6.0 tons of downhaul and a bit of outhaul. I
was very powered, but under control (a 4.0 wave sail would have been fine).
Got some great hangy jumps.

On Saturday I had the 6.0 as bagged out as I could and was able to plane
easily through the lulls. It was powered in the gusts. As an added bonus I
got to try out some new boards at the demo at Powerlines. Since the wind
wasn't good enough for small sails, there wasn't much demand for trying the
Mistral boards (276 and 284 Flow, and 295 Explosion).

Rick Martyn