Re: the season

From: Soheil Zahedi (soheil@lutris.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon Dec 29 1997 - 18:19:37 PST

Date: Mon, 29 Dec 1997 18:19:37 -0800
From: Soheil Zahedi <soheil@lutris.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: the season

Hi Martin, et. al.,

Great comments from a beginner's perspective, and a welcome, and fresh
view-point. A few words of caution about Candlestick though. The
normal summer thermals there are in an offshore direction, and anyone
who cannot consistently waterstart AND stay upwind should be wary. The
wind will blow a downed, or struggling sailor (or anyone who cannot sail
upwind) directly into the open bay, with no landfall short of the
eastbay! Also there can be some deceptively windy days at candlestick.

HappyWinterSailing,

-Soheil