Flying Tigers

From: Randy Anderson (randy52@ix.netcom.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon Aug 25 1997 - 18:59:42 PDT

Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 20:59:42 -0500 (CDT)
From: randy52@ix.netcom.com-DeleteThis (Randy Anderson)
Subject: Flying Tigers
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis

I have been off line for two weeks due to hard drive problems.

Kelly Wee's explanation basically covers it. The only thread that
remains from the sad tale of the closure of Flying Tigers is that the
Airport paid major mitigation $ for reducing public bay access, and
part of the money went to the City of Burlingame to improve a
waterfront park that has no apparent potential to serve windsurfers.
One windsurfer who frequents the Marriott launch had offered to check
out the situation with Burlingame to see if improvements could be made
there, but I haven't heard back from them.

Bottom line: action speaks louder than words and a long term
committment to follow-up action is required to address these kinds of
threats and opportunities. Anyone out there who would like to dig deep
into access issues? I'd be happy to help you get involved!