Re: Getting into the straps...

From: Ken Poulton (poulton@zonker.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Tue Aug 12 1997 - 10:09:45 PDT

Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 10:09:45 -0700 (PDT)
From: Ken Poulton <poulton@zonker.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Getting into the straps...

I agree with Booker on making it gradual. Practice sliding your feet
back until each one is on the front edge of its footstrap. Then
practice lifting each foot briefly while sailing and keeping the
board in trim. I know that I pull on the boom and adjust my sail
trim a bit when I do this. Finally, once you have feet on the front
of each footstrap, learn the motion to get a foot in without looking
at your feet. In fact, practice this part on the beach.

"I was going a hundred and fifty miles an hour sideways and 500 feet
straight down. I was looking out for the cops. I *knew* what I was doing
wasn't, you know, legal." -- Arlo Guthrie, "The Pickle Song"

"I was going a mile an hour sideways and 500 feet straight downwind. I was
looking out for the whitecaps. I *knew* what I was doing wasn't, you know,
fun." -- Armlong Gutwrench (David Stuart), "I'm in a Pickle Song"