Harness lines (again)

From: Edward W. Scott (shred@netcom.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon Aug 11 1997 - 15:45:50 PDT

Subject: Harness lines (again)
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 97 15:45:50 -0700
From: "Edward W. Scott" <shred@netcom.com-DeleteThis>
To: "Wind Talk" <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>

I take back all the nice things I said about DaKine harness lines, the
adjustable ones. No, the buckle didn't break, but the rope inside the
opaque tube did. When I went to change the rope, surprise! The rope is
SEWN on to the harness strap instead of tied. What kinda crappy planned
obselescent piece of #$%@ is this anyway? So, not only does the opaque
tube prevent you from seeing the rope wearing through, the lines can't be
changed 'cause they're sewn. They broke on outbound reach at Sherman, so
I just jibed (didn't even fall off a plane) and sailed it back in. If it
was at Third in the channel, my arms would be hurting right now.

Accepting suggestions for new ones. Should I bite the bullet and buy
DaKine again, or should I show my displeasure with them and go low-tech
by just tying regular ropes onto my booms as some have suggested?

-Ed