RE: heel injury

From: David Veach (veach@LANQuest.COM-DeleteThis)
Date: Thu Aug 07 1997 - 16:25:56 PDT

From: David Veach <veach@LANQuest.COM-DeleteThis>
To: "'wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis'" <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: RE: heel injury
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 16:25:56 -0700

I had a similar problem at Coyote last summer when I planed in to shore,
jumped of the board while still moving and landed sqarely on one of those
submerged rocks right on my heel. Xrays showed no breaks but the doctor
said I bruised a bone and to stay off sailing until it quit hurting (yea right!).
It took about two months of light use for the pain to begin to go away.
I still sailed but laid off the jumps for a while. It could be a serious
bone injury so you should get it checked out.

-dave v