Re: sailing palo alto

From: Greg Harris (greg@snowmass.Stanford.EDU-DeleteThis)
Date: Wed Aug 06 1997 - 13:39:49 PDT

Date: Wed, 06 Aug 1997 13:39:49 -0700
From: Greg Harris <greg@snowmass.Stanford.EDU-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: sailing palo alto

Sailing Palo Alto is a great place to go when you just want to work on
different parts of your sailing, or you live down south and don't feel
like braving the 4:30 traffic on 101. It's actually not as much a high
tide only spot as some might believe, but it takes some experience and
skill. Wind wise - it can definetly be a very fun place to sail, but
sometimes it's not really there, so checking Poulton's list is usually a
good idea. If it's low tide I'd suggest going up to 3rd. Ave. If you
stay inside the channel there's usually plenty of flat water and it's
about waist deep water as far as I know up until the channel marker.
Plus, when you've had enough flat water you can venture into the channel
a little bit and start learning a whole different type of sailing.

greg