Re: PCS Coverage @ Sherman

From: Edward W. Scott (shred@netcom.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon Jul 28 1997 - 16:23:28 PDT

Subject: Re: PCS Coverage @ Sherman
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 97 16:23:28 -0700
From: "Edward W. Scott" <shred@netcom.com-DeleteThis>
To: "Wind Talk" <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>

My analog cell phone used to work (barely) around Davenport and Waddell.
It was clear enough to tell the wife "I'm at Waddell honey, I'll be home
at 7" but that's about it. The digital cell phone barely worked as well.
 The PCS phone goes out northbound out of SantaCruz on 1 about 1/4 mile
past Swift. It picks up again, barely, around the cement plant (I
haven't made any calls, though), but stays out at Davenport and Waddell.
Haven't tried it points north of Waddell or south of Half Moon Bay.

-Ed