Keep the Faith, Baby!

From: TWavo@aol.com-DeleteThis
Date: Tue Jul 01 1997 - 23:46:31 PDT

Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 02:46:31 -0400 (EDT)
From: TWavo@aol.com-DeleteThis
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Keep the Faith, Baby!

I hit Davenport to check it out a little b4 4pm. It was windy with a little
south
swell residue coming sporadically. I opted for Waddell instead to sail with
some buddies that were going there.

The wind was great for a short while. I was sailing a cranked down - powered
up
5.3 (185lb/8'6). After 45 minutes or so, the wind started backing off and
finally pooping out. Even Danny (black sails) packed it in. We lugged our
shit up and started peeling off the rubber. I was kind of pokin along,
though, ever so hopeful. Just as my friends were nice and warm and dry in
their clothes, the wind started clicking up. One guy went back out and was
getting more and more velocity.

I couldn't take it. I just didn't get my full fix. Putting the upper half
of my wetsuit back on I carried my stuff back down to the beach and blasted
off. I kept trying to coax my friends back in to the water, but they went a
little too far down that road of return to comfort.

The wind was great and the wave shape actually got pretty good, for Wadddell.
The tide was coming in high and the swell became more defined and not dumping
so badly. What was really cool was that there was nobody around. So instead
of sailing in the normal confinement of the Waddell traffic control, I could
barrel down the line and pick any spot on the lip I wanted.

Patience was rewarded.
TD