Re: about 3rd

From: Robert L Indig (rlindig@beckman.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri Jun 13 1997 - 09:38:23 PDT

From: "Robert L Indig"<rlindig@beckman.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 08:38:23 -0800
Subject: Re: about 3rd

Driving to 3rd down 92 I could see the white caps. I knew it was going to
be wild. I too sailed 3.5 and 8'3" Seatrend (150#). After a couple of
reaches on the inside I decided that it would probably be much better in
the channel. The inside had steep chop spaced only a few feet apart. Got to
the channel to find big rollers and green water, not the coffee colored
stuff on the inside. It really is pretty amazing that the color of the
water changes so radically at the channel. It was VERY windy in the
channel. I had a hellava time pulling back on the sail to depower it for
jibing. Since I was was only one out there I decided to head back inside.
Just then Jim Paugh showed up so I felt a little more comfortable. A short
time later 3 or 4 more sailors were out there. I was actually able to get
some rides. One in particular with huge swells on both the updie and
downwind sides of me. After nearly an hour I decided to head back in so I
could say I survived. One of my windiest days ever. I don;t know if it
could be called fun, but I am glad I went.

just bob