Walk&Slog-Limatour 5/1

From: steve shugart (steves@stealth.rose.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri May 02 1997 - 08:14:51 PDT

From: steve shugart <steves@stealth.rose.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Walk&Slog-Limatour 5/1
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis (_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri, 2 May 97 8:14:51 PDT
Full-Name: steve shugart
Mailer: Elm [revision: 70.85]

Team Sacto made its way to Limatour yesterday 5/1.

Wind was real lite, used the 8'8"/5.5 combo from 3-6pm, from about
3-5 Brendan and I would walk our rigs up the beach about to the
Trees and then work the breaks on down, about 5 or so it picked up
enough that I could plane upwind, which was a real delight.

the whales were out in full force, about every 10 minutes a new pod would
pass by us and they were within 100 yards of shore. One whale came straight
up slowly and was just checking me out. Luckily none of them surfaced
too close to us.

Waves were small, but rideable, great workout!!! walking up the beach reminded
me of the good ole days at Waddell on my spoon shaped can opener ace, that had
no upwind capability.

steves@malik.rose.hp.com-DeleteThis