Re: Is Call of the Wind Down?

From: Michael Lassner (mikel51@pa.mother.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Thu May 01 1997 - 18:29:18 PDT

Date: Thu, 01 May 1997 18:29:18 -0700
From: Michael Lassner <mikel51@pa.mother.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Is Call of the Wind Down?

I'm an my second one. The first one worked OK, but it used up the
battery in 2-3 days. With my second one, the battery lasts 7-9 days.
When the battery warning comes onyou have to act fast. If it comes on
in the afternoon and you don't see it-your battery and volatile memory
are gone by morning. You have to keep batteries in your car, at home
and at work. Reception is OK but could be better. A fair number of the
text pages are truncated. Most of the wind speed pages are coming
through OK. I too like the format of the genius better, but I'm not
sure it was worth the $180 I paid to upgrade. The Advisor got slightly
better reception and the battery lasted about a month.