Strobe Purchase information

From: Michael Schuh (schuh@apm-iris5.arc.nasa.gov-DeleteThis)
Date: Wed Apr 09 1997 - 08:28:26 PDT

Date: Wed, 9 Apr 1997 08:28:26 -0700 (PDT)
From: schuh@apm-iris5.arc.nasa.gov-DeleteThis (Michael Schuh)
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Strobe Purchase information

> From: Ken Poulton
>
> We thought Ken had come in to Coyote Point as well, so the Coast
> Guard Auxiliary left. But then it turned out that it was some
> other sailor from 3rd who had landed there, and Ken was still missing.
> At this point the strobe paid off big time - Ken was found by the
> cutter relatively soon after dark (I don't know where). He was dropped
> off around 9:00.

Ken borrowed my strobe. He was spotted by the helicopter after dark.
There was very little chance of finding him without the strobe.
If you want one that is field tested, you can buy the same one
I have by calling West Marine today. You might even have it by
the weekend if you call now.

Please do it now if you do not have one yet.

I have now seen advertisements for a $175 marine radio at
West Marine. Has anyone looked at it and determined if it
is worth buying? It is a new model that is water proof and
has a three year warranty.

Michael