Re: Burned at tuba

From: TWavo@aol.com-DeleteThis
Date: Sat Mar 29 1997 - 08:12:19 PST

Date: Sat, 29 Mar 1997 11:12:19 -0500 (EST)
From: TWavo@aol.com-DeleteThis
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Burned at tuba

<<Does
anybody have any recommendation for a mid-size wave slalom board for a
200# guy? I am thinking of one of the new ASD Mutant boards and the
Axis 272. Any opinions?

Does anybody know if it blew much better anywhere else?

What is the rule of thumb for deciding between going to Wadell or
Tuba?>>

Justin,

* Both of those boards are good choices including the new Seatrend 9'0. It
has great reports and works well in the waves also.

* Tuba doesn't shut off at any particular time, but there are often big
holes on the way up to the breaks especially when the wind is kind of North.
 I am 190 and definitely affected by lulls more than the 160 pounders. Use a
floaty board, a swept B&J fin, and a sail selection favoring the higher side.
 Ask Bob G. he knows Tuba best.

* As far as choices North or South watch the bouys.