Re[2]: Flat sails

From: Geoffrey.Boehm@wj.com-DeleteThis
Date: Mon Mar 03 1997 - 12:00:20 PST

Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 12:00:20 -0800
From: Geoffrey.Boehm@wj.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re[2]: Flat sails
To: Multiple recipients of list <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>, alain@paris.engr.sgi.com-DeleteThis (Alain Dumesny)

     I think that it depends on the sail. I have a 4.5 ezzy transformer
     that I tune by flattening, with the flattest setting approximately 2"
     tighter than the loosest. The difference is remarkable, and though the
     flattest setting is pretty gutless at the low end, it makes the sail
     handle more like a 4.0 when the wind is strong, with no deterioration
     in any handling characteristics.