carvin@crissy

From: Bob Galvan (kasplash@crl.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Sun Feb 23 1997 - 19:10:46 PST

Date: Sun, 23 Feb 1997 19:10:46 -0800 (PST)
From: Bob Galvan <kasplash@crl.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: carvin@crissy

the morning reports didn't inspire me, tho it was obvious that rio was king.
we did some "homework" all morning, but the wind in my face would not be
denied. at 3 pm i tracked down my skateboard that my daughter had left
at a friend's house, and booked on over to crissy.

on my final approach i could see 6 or 8 sails on the old road that parallels
the airstrip. wind was north by north north. the talker was saying
6-19. average 12. 5.0 was the typical skate sail, tho there was a fair
selection of of 4.* too. I went for 4.7. it was plenty! after an hour
or so most of theskatesailors bailed, but I rigged down as the wind
picked up. 3.7 for bob. I got into the endless duck jibe mode, man
that's really good practice.

shortly after sunset i packed it up at went over to the beach to scope
the scene. I saw 2 sails going back and forth really close to shore,
but when I walked over to the sand, I saw that they were sailing on the sand!
on big wheel skateboards. there was still one guy in the water, barely
planing, and 2 guys derigging wet. 6.0.

I called tony (twavo@aol) he was driving home from ocean beach where he had
sailed the light north winds with Ian Boyd, who really did move to SF!

Not bad for Feb, eh Bubba?

kasplash@crl.com-DeleteThis