Sherman Isl. Reports for 4/8 & 4/10

From: Greg Lehmann (lehmann@inreach.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri Apr 12 1996 - 18:42:29 PDT

Date: Fri, 12 Apr 1996 18:42:29 -0700
From: Greg Lehmann <lehmann@inreach.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Sherman Isl. Reports for 4/8 & 4/10

There were no reports for Monday or Wednesday afternoons so I thought I would give them.

Monday:
As we arrived some unfortunate sailor was being helped off the beach with a broken
ankle. Anyway, got on the water at 3:20PM. 4.0/7'11" powered conditions with the ebb
still working. By 5:30PM, it had backed off and the wife went out on the 4.0/9'. I
went on baby patrol. At 6:15PM, my wife bailed out because the wind had picked back up.
A guy on the beach with an anemometer had the gusts at 38MPH. It was a good session for
my first time out for the season.

Wednesday:
Got on the water at 5:00PM. 4.5/7'11" slightly under powered. People who had already
been sailing were coming in to rig down from 5.6s. The wind gradually built up and was
good until 6:30PM when I had to leave. Another good session in the warm, bright
sunshine.

Greg
185#
Northwave & Gorge Animal