monday at Pillar Point

From: Bob Galvan (kasplash@crl.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Tue Jan 23 1996 - 11:49:07 PST

Date: Tue, 23 Jan 1996 11:49:07 -0800 (PST)
From: Bob Galvan <kasplash@crl.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: monday at Pillar Point

Monday Jan 22 1996
Pillar Point

Noon start. 5.3 Nalu, 8'8" ASD. Well powered most of ther time, for
about an hour, then it got real holey except for right close to the shore
below the big dish. Beautiful clear air, smooth water, good photo
conditions, so we shot some. Best shot will probly be me blowing a duck
jibe, body inverted and flying over the breakwater like Free Willy.

I took one buddy with me, and there were 2 other guys out when we
arrived, one more just launching. The first two left about the time we
launched. Just as we went in, the wind seemed to fill back in, so we went
to the Fish Trap for fishnchipsnbeer. Excellente!

Ran down to Waddell to check it out, what a pleasure to burn down hiway
one with almost no traffic and a big tailwind - HMB to Waddell at 75mph
takes 30 minutes flat! 4pm - two guys out giving it their all, zooming
off the beach and bogging down in the white water, bearing off for power,
riding soup in, comming in downwind and walking back up. Occasionally
getting lucky enough to get out and jibe on a set wave and ride the face
a bit. Waves head high max, water surface pretty clean, spray blowing
off crests - contrasted to north of Pigeon Point where the waves were
thick and gnarly with voodoo chop all over the place - beat you up
conditions.

kasplash@crl.com-DeleteThis