Re: it's already windy

From: Jeff Hodges (hodges@Breakaway.Stanford.EDU-DeleteThis)
Date: Thu Sep 28 1995 - 09:56:26 PDT

Subject: Re: it's already windy
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 95 09:56:26 -0700
From: Jeff Hodges <hodges@Breakaway.Stanford.EDU-DeleteThis>

Yep, I think Luigi's right. I came across the dumbarton this morning (which was
blowing apparently 5.5 yesterday evening BTW) and there were caps to the north.
Looking around while going over the bridge, I got the deja-vu feeling of last
mid-Oct when we had those great winds. I just checked NWS...

NORTHERN AND CENTRAL CA STATE WEATHER ROUNDUP
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE SACRAMENTO CA
900 AM PDT THU SEP 28 1995

CITY SKY/WX TEMP DEWPT RH WIND PRES REMARKS

CAZ002-281700-
...BAY AREA...
SAN RAFAEL N/A 61 MM MM W12
SAN FRAN ARPT MOSUNNY 62 57 84 NW15 30.01R

..and that certainly looks neat-o.

I can't sail today, but hope to fri/sat/sun. Ken's morning report today is
favorable to that scenario...

  synopsis...a low pressure trof will dissipate over northern
  california offshore waters today. high pressure centered about 900
  nm west of point reyes is moving slowly southeast.

perhaps see some of y'all out there over the next few days...

;^)

Jeff