Re: coyote cam

From: Ken Poulton (poulton@zonker.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon Sep 25 1995 - 23:51:54 PDT

Date: Mon, 25 Sep 1995 23:51:54 -0700
From: Ken Poulton <poulton@zonker.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: coyote cam

> I am trying to determine if there is any interest and financial support for a
> digital snapshot camera system at crissy accessible through the internet.
>
> This project could be within the funding constraints of the SFBA.
> Windtalkers typically run $1,000 plus monthly phone charges. Most
> were installed with a matching fund scenario. If you're interested
> send me mail at kjw@merkle.baaqmd.gov-DeleteThis

I'd be mildly interested in a Crissy Cam, but ready to contribute for a
Coyote Cam. I figure the ideal spot would be at the restaurant on the
point. From there we could look directly upwind to see chop size,
sailors in the main traffic path at Coyote and the fog/clouds at the
airport. With a wide-angle lens, we might even be able to see how far
south from the San Bruno gap the fog was (coming over the ridge).
It would be nice to have a 3rd Cam, but siting is harder there, and
a Coyote Cam would tell you most of the same things.

I'd be happy to pay $25 to get this going. Send your opinions to
Kelley at kjw@merkle.baaqmd.gov.-DeleteThis

"Give a man a fish and you have fed him for a day, but give him a case
of dynamite and soon the village will be showered with mud and seaweed
and unidentifiable chunks of fish." -- Joe Chew, alt.folklore.urban