Coyote Wed

From: Ken Poulton (poulton@zonker.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Thu Sep 14 1995 - 11:01:44 PDT

Date: Thu, 14 Sep 1995 11:01:44 -0700
From: Ken Poulton <poulton@zonker.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@zonker.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Coyote Wed

============= Wed 13 Sep 95 - Coyote - 6.0/9'1 (185#)

Went to Coyote and sailed my NEW 6.0 (Windwing Black Diamond) and
my NEW (to me) ASD 9'1 course slalom. I spent about half the session
tuning and adjusting, but after that, yowza! This combo went upwind
like I've never done before - I cruised up to the airport piers with
little effort. After several rude reminders of what it takes to
jibe a board like this, I started to get the hang of it.

The wind was fairly northerly and so it filled in to the beach at Coyote.
The fog was near the airport when I started at 3:00 and soon was
over the airport and coming across the Bay. By 5:00, it was starting
to die at the Crown Sterling shore as the fog front passed by, but
it stayed plenty windy out by the runways. I had one very exciting ride
downwind to rejoin the Coyote traffic lane. There I was way powered
out near the flight paths.

After spinning out, catching the rail and going over the handlebars
three times in quick succession, I decided maybe I was too tired to pay
proper attention. There was still enough wind to plane all the way in
at 5:30.

"Faster and faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."
                                        -- Hunter S. Thompson