Re: Wind predictors at 3rd?

From: Will Estes (westes@usc.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon Aug 28 1995 - 20:25:33 PDT

From: Will Estes <westes@usc.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Re: Wind predictors at 3rd?
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 1995 20:25:33 -0700 (PDT)

'Gr8Jibe@aol.com-DeleteThis says:'
> In a message dated 95-08-28 05:15:26 EDT, Ken writes:
>
> >Breaking with the usual pattern, the wind at 3rd today correlated well
> >with the ~16g22 reported at SFO, and not at all with the 20-27 knots
> >reported at SoSF.
>
> When you have time, would you please explain what you think are the best
> indicators of 3rd Avenue wind? Coyote wind? Sterling wind?

Look for the SoSF number, which I believe is the San Bruno gap. I
find that this number typically reflects what the wind will be like
once you are in the main windline near the channel.

In part the reason the reason to rely on San Bruno numbers is that the
meter in the gap is unobstructed from most directions. The wind at
SFO can fall into a wind shadow, and sometimes the airflow on a given
day will not settle near shore.

--
Will Estes                              U.S. Computer
Internet: westes@usc.com-DeleteThis                POB 3150