Re: Re: Advice Needed from owners of Mike's Labs

From: Kirk Lindstrom (kirk@hpmsd3.sj.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Thu Aug 17 1995 - 09:48:02 PDT

Date: Thu, 17 Aug 1995 09:48:02 -0700
From: Kirk Lindstrom <kirk@hpmsd3.sj.hp.com-DeleteThis>
To: Gr8Jibe@aol.com-DeleteThis, wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.co-DeleteThis, wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Re: Advice Needed from owners of Mike's Labs

I second JeffH. Try "the House". They helped me get that fin 2 yrs
ago when it first came out. Talked to the rep at the show in SF and
said how pleased I was with it and he said "Robby Naish agrees with me
in that it is a fun fin with good performance".

> >I have an ASD 8'11" which is thick in the tail and I find that the
> >FinWorks Pro330 made of the black material works great with it with my
> >5.6 SW race. Very fun fin. Good combination of pointer and blade.
>
> thanks for the reply. I don't know if i'll be able to find that fin in a
> Meritex base--which is what my board has. Could you describe it a little,
> like length, or compare it to the FinWorks Wing fins (which I am familiar
> with). I assume 330 is the surface area, and would guess it is about 13-1/2
> inches long??

I believe so.,
Looks somewhere between a pointer and a blade...closer to a race blade
than the old pointers. Go to a shop and see if they have it or come see
it next time you see me.

> Do you find that, with the right fin, the board doesn't rail up and stays
> under control?
>
> I accept the fact that this is way more board than one needs at 3rd when it's
> "on."

sometimes....8-)
BIG chop or good ebb swells and you don't want to be on a course board.
I am pretty comfortable on it in 5.6 wind in a flood (where you are on
4.8 and the wide, forgiving in bumps, Tiga257) I often like to rig
bigger to 6.2 Race and then use a smaller board like my CFlex.

> Bill

Kirk out